ERN CRANIO is the European Reference Network for rare and/or complex craniofacial anomalies and ear, nose and throat (ENT) disorders. There are 29 European hospitals involved in the network, from 11 member states. It is a multi-disciplinary network of highly specialised healthcare professionals. Patient representatives also play an active role in the network and its activities.
The network seeks to:
- Set up a referral network for patients with craniofacial anomalies, cleft lip/palate, orthodontologic anomalies, and ENT disorders
- Improve quality of care
- Identify best practice and monitor effectiveness through the use of standardised outcome measurement
- Stimulate innovation by conducting multi-centre research projects
- Support the continuous learning and development of all members and affiliated partners
- Disseminate expert knowledge across Europe and beyond