There are 2 types of affiliated partner.
1. Associated National Centre
- Multiple applications permitted per member state
- Centres have expertise matching the global thematic domain of a particular ERN
2. National Coordination Hub:
- One application permitted per member state (no additional assosicated national centre application permitted)
- Allows one centre to partner with multiple ERNs
- Function as an interface between the national healthcare system and those networks where a given member state is neither represented by a full member nor by an associated national centre